Saturday, March 22, 2014

Store Spotlight: Watch Out in Westwood, NJ

THE WATCH MAN. 
That is the name the man behind the counter chooses as his pseudonym.  Charles Bellon, Jr. according to the Watch Out website. In search of a face for my currently under-utilized KJP watch strap I turned to him at the advice of others. Talk to this Man and you quickly learn that his 30 years of experience in the business are real.
KJP.com
Established in 1986, Watch Out is NOT new to the game. Their store space is small, cluttered and just off the bustling main avenue of Westwood. Right in the heart of Bergen County. The Watch Man learned from the best and works with high-end clientele. When arriving, be prepared to tell The Watch Man what brings you to the store.

For me, it was the search for the perfect watch-head to shine on top of the faceless tweed band from New England designer, Kiel James Patrick. Rendered solely a bracelet for far too long, it was time for this band to tell time.

Now I play the waiting game. I let The Watch Man do his work and anxiously await the call of my fulfilled request. A story to be continued...
©Robert J. Hanlon

No comments:

Post a Comment